- Gift Certificates cannot redeemable for cash and cannot be redeemed for other Gift Certificates.
- If your purchase exceeds the remaining balance of your Gift Certificate at checkout you will be required to pay the balance of the total transaction to complete the purchase. If the value of your Gift Certificate exceeds the total cost of the purchase, ThrivingLocally will hold the remaining balance in your account.
- Gift Certificates do not expire.
- Gift certificates do not incur any extra processing fees. 1.5. Unused portions of Gift Certificates are stored under the same ThrivingLocally.com Gift Certificate Code.
- Gift Certificates purchased separately cannot be combined into a single Gift Certificate but more than one Gift Certificate can be used at checkout.
- ThrivingLocally is not responsible for stolen Gift Certificate Codes. However, you can contact ThrivingLocally.com to have your Gift Certificate Code invalidated. ThrivingLocally will verify your remaining balance and expiration date and issue you a new Gift Certificate Code accordingly.
- Gift Certificates are reduced to zero upon closure of a ThrivingLocally Membership. Any unused Gift Certificates at time of closure are forfeited by the member.
- Upon the death of a ThrivingLocally Member, the Member’s account will be closed and any Gift Certificates in the account will be forfeited. Gift Certificates are not divisible in the case of divorce.
- ThrivingLocally may restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of the Gift Certificate Program, without notice. Any material changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted online and members will be notified through Message Centre.
ThrivingLocally Market Wide Gift Certificates
- ThrivingLocally Gift Certificates can only be redeemed online through the ThrivingLocally.com website at http://www.ThrivingLocally.com, toward the purchase of products or services listed in any of the ThrivingLocally shops.
- ThrivingLocally Gift Certificates cannot be redeemed offline
ThrivingLocally Shop-Specific Gift Certificates
- Shops on ThrivingLocally may choose to offer gift certificates specifically for use in their own shops. Shop-specific gift certificates are not affiliated with ThrivingLocally Gift Certificates.
- Shop Specific Gift Certificates can be used online OR offline. 3.3. The shop is responsible for tracking which Gift Certificates have been redeemed and for how much, using either offline methods or the online ThrivingLocally.com Gift Certificate management system.
- A shop-specific gift certificate must be listed and sold at full value.
- ThrivingLocally.com will provide the Shop with a list of outstanding Gift Certificates, both through the Gift Certificate management system found in the Shops back office and through an email that will be provided at the time of the sale.
Alterations to the Terms and Conditions
- ThrivingLocally reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time and to make the use of the online platform subject to new or additional contractual terms. Members will be notified of any alterations or additional terms and these will come into effect as soon as they are accepted. Should you not accept the alterations, ThrivingLocally is entitled to terminate the user relationship.
End of document Effective Date: April 01, 2014.
ThrivingLocally reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.