Do you LOVE LOCAL?
Would you love to LEAD THE BUY LOCAL MOVEMENT in your community?
Are you passionate about your LOCAL BUSINESS COMMUNITY?
If you do then you have some of the most important attributes of being an awesome ThrivingLocally Local Area Director (LAD)!….
We are hiring people radiating with leadership and passion to run the individual ThrivingLocally community marketplaces in every city across Canada….and they get paid doing it!! Read on for the details and apply at the bottom of the page to join a team of equally enthusiastic and dedicated people who are passionate about “local everything” in their community.
What is a Local Area Director?
You are “large and in charge” of your communities own ThrivingLocally marketplace – the market director! It is kind of like owning a franchise except you are considered an Independent Business Owner (IBO). You “own” the ThrivingLocally community – it is your business to support and grow.
Since the founders of ThrivingLocally cannot do it all we have developed LAD positions to run each ThrivingLocally community and be our “local leaders”.
We are looking for community oriented leaders whose passion is enhancing the local small business environment. The role of the Local Area Director is essential to the ground level operations in each ThrivingLocally community and because of their critical-ness they are compensated through a profit sharing structure on the webstore subscriptions in their community. The healthier their community is the healthier the commission. It is a true win-win profit sharing situation!
We value priceless passion and ethics over traditional degrees.
Coupled with your enthusiasm for inspiring and engaging people with their local business community you will ensure that ThrivingLocally is effectively sharing its story with your community. In this role, you will be driving the day-to-day social media and marketing tactics to expand and inspire the customer and small business base.
You are the first line of contact for your ThrivingLocally community for things such as online transaction inquiries, webstore vendor support but don’t worry you are not alone – you are backed by an experienced and equally enthusiastic team to help you showcase the ThivingLocally network.
Your success is our success!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The LAD is mainly responsible for overseeing the local operation of their ThrivingLocally marketplace in their local community which includes things such as:
- Recruiting, monitoring, and supporting the local businesses in your online ThrivingLocally marketplace.
- Recruit customers.
- Fostering small business community and network(s) to inspire and support local entrepreneurship.
- Establish and manage relations with local associations and interest groups that align with the ThrivingLocally mission.
- Community marketing management of seasonal and global campaigns.
- Possible event management and implementation.
- Monitor local Shipping/Delivery service (if it exists) to ensure it is healthy and stable.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities you should possess:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and passion of the local small business (buy-local) industry.
- Desire to be a leader in your community for local small business and E-commerce and entrepreneurship.
- Understands social media universe including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Forums, Wikis, and blogs, etc.
- Possesses strong computer and internet skills.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excels at research, possesses great writing skills and the ability to create editorial and creative writing.
- Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and immersion in social media .
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytic side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in their community.
- Understands what it means to shoulder the communication of a brand.
- Has great verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate results and working in self-paced environment.
How do you make money?
We believe that a true partnership is the most sustainable and engaging path. ThrivingLocally has adopted a profit sharing model where you receive exactly half of everything we make! That’s right we are 50/50 partners!
The LAD receives 50% of the webstore subscriptions
Aside from the incredible satisfaction you gain by promoting your community and creating such awesomeness you also get paid for your efforts! Just like the small businesses we support…your success is proportionate to your efforts.
No matter the size of your community, you will profit from your efforts. Click here for the most current fees that you would be receiving 50% of.
It might not seem like much but it all adds up and of course this depends on how many shops are in your ThrivingLocally community but what this type of plan does reward is directly proportionate to your efforts.
In addition to this the LAD’s are well positioned to develop other complimentary business services such as social media account manger, social media marketer, webstore set-up service, etc. These all all depend on the entrepreneurial spirit and interests of the individual LAD’s
NOTE that a promotion may be in effect where the first few months of a web-store subscription is free so no compensation is collected in that trial period but we feel this is a great marketing tool in recruiting the small businesses in your community.
Satisfaction and Karma…well that’s just icing on the cake!