- Currently the ThrivePoints Program (the “Program”) is available through all shops within the ThrivingLocally Marketplace.
- To participate in the ThrivePoints Program, a customer must become a Member of ThrivingLocally. Membership is absolutely free and no initial purchase is required.
- The acceptance of a ThrivingLocally Membership is also the acceptance of the terms and conditions of the ThrivePoints Program.
- Only one ThrivePoints Account is available per ThrivingLocally membership.
- The ThrivePoints Account is the property of ThrivingLocally and it may be revoked at any time by ThrivingLocally in its sole discretion.
- ThrivingLocally reserves the right to refuse issuance of a ThrivePoints Account to any member who does not follow the prescribed enrollment procedures.
- Any abuse by a Member of the ThrivePoints Program’s privileges, any failure by a Member to follow the Program’s rules, regulations, Terms and Conditions, or any misrepresentation by a Member may, at ThrivingLocally’s sole discretion, subject the Member to expulsion from the Program, including forfeiture of all accumulated ThrivePoints.
- Upon suspension or termination of the Program for any reason whatsoever, ThrivingLocally will have no liability therefore to any Member and is automatically released from all claims by ThrivingLocally Members in respect of such suspension, termination, forfeiture of ThrivePoints, redemption of Points or otherwise in respect of such suspension or termination.
- If events beyond ThrivingLocally’s control materially affect ThrivingLocally’s ability to operate the ThrivePoints Program, the Program may be suspended or terminated without notice.
- ThrivingLocally may restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of the ThrivePoints Program, without notice. Any material changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted online and members will be notified through Message Centre.
Collection of ThrivePoints
- To collect ThrivePoints a ThrivingLocally Member must make eligible purchases at participating stores within the ThrivingLocally Marketplace.
- ThrivePoints will be awarded at the rate of 10 ThrivePoints for each dollar spent on each separate purchase.
- Purchase $100.00 and you earn 1000pts which equates to $1 in points value (1%) ($1/.001=1000)
- Purchase $50.00 and you earn 500pts which equates to $.5 in points value (1%) (.5/.001=500)
- Purchase $32.56 and you earn 325pts which equates to $.3256 in points value (1%) (.325/.001=325)
- Points are always rounded down to the nearest point.
ThrivePoints will be calculated by reference to the net (purchase price less discounts and shipping) pre-tax total. The total ThrivePoints awarded and reflected will be rounded down by the next portion of a dollar spent.
- Shops within the ThrivingLocally Market place may offer special promotions from time to time offering additional ThrivePoints on certain products and services . Such ThrivingPoint Bonus Points, once awarded, shall form part of the Member’s ThrivePoints Account Points balance (the ThrivePoints and ThrivingPoint Bonus Points collectively hereinafter referred to as “ThrivePoints”).
- ThrivePoints are not calculated on the cost of shipping/delivery.
- ThrivePoints are not calculated on the taxes of a purchase.
- ThrivePoints will be issued on the purchase of gift certificates. ThrivePoints are not calculated or collected on the redemption of the gift certificates.
- All ThrivePoints are shown in checkout for each total purchase before the completion of the purchase transaction.
- Upon an authorized return of a purchase the corresponding ThrivePoints will also be deducted from the Members account. In the event the members account does not have enough points for the return then the returned value will be reduced by the value of the points balance that cannot be returned.
- All ThrivePoints totals in the members account will be deemed correct unless otherwise substantiated by the Member by bringing forward evidence satisfactory to ThrivingLocally in its sole discretion. Discrepancies must be addressed within 3 months of the date on which the discrepancy occurred. ThrivingLocally reserves the right to restrict redemption or put a “hold” on ThrivePoints for up to 45 days from the date the points are posted to an account.
- ThrivePoints are transferable from one ThrivingLocally Member to another, in conjunction with the “Transfer your Points” program, the “Donate your Points” program, or other special points transfer promotions offered by ThrivingLocally from time to time. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ThrivingLocally reserves the right to limit the transfers from a ThrivingPoints account.
- ThrivePoints are reduced to zero upon closure of a ThrivingLocally Membership. Any unused ThrivePoints at time of closure are forfeited by the member.
- Upon the death of a ThrivingLocally Member, the Member’s account will be closed and any ThrivePoints in the account will be forfeited. ThrivePoints are not divisible in the case of divorce.
- Should any ThrivingLocally Member not acquire ThrivePoints for 12 consecutive calendar months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated ThrivePoints will be forfeited. At that time the ThrivePoints Account Points balance may be reduced to zero at ThrivingLocally’s sole discretion.
Redemption of Points
- ThrivePoints may be redeemed for savings rewards off a purchase on participating products and services in accordance with the following ThrivePoints redemption schedule:1 point = .1 cent (or $.001)
- Redeem 10,000 points and you save $10.00 off your purchase (10,000/.1 cents = 1000 cents = $10.00)
- Redeem 5,000 points and you save $5.00 off your purchase (5,000/.1 cents = 500 cents = $10.00)
- Redeem 3,256 points and you save $3.25 off your purchase (3256/.1 cents = 325 cents = $3.25)
- Points are always rounded down to the nearest point.
- In accordance with Federal and Provincial tax legislation, GST, PST, HST and any other applicable taxes are calculated and payable by the ThrivingLocally Member on the full amount of the purchase price before any reduction for redeemed rewards.
- A Member’s ThrivePoints balance will be reduced by the number of points requestred at checkout and any unredeemed ThrivePoints plus any ThrivePoints earned in the current transaction, will remain in the Member’s ThrivePoints account and can be applied to a subsequent transaction.
- ThrivePoints may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services:To be identified
- ThrivingLocally reserves the right to add or delete products and services eligible for ThrivePoints redemption at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.
- ThrivePoints may not be collected or redeemed by any person other than the ThrivingLocally Member. Each ThrivingLocally Member is responsible to ensure that all Personal Information is correct and up-to-date and ThrivingLocally reserves the right to block redemptions where the ThrivingLocally Member information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- In case of a compromised (hacked, stolen password) ThrivePoints Account the accumulated unredeemed ThrivePoints balance shall remain intact until ThrivingLocally is notified of the issue. If a comprimised ThrivePoints Account is used by any other person, all ThrivePoints relating to purchases made by such other person will be credited to the ThrivingLocally Member’s account weather they are collected or redeemed. ThrivingLocally assumes no liability or responsibility for ThrivePoints redeemed by any person(s) prior to the notification of the account compromise. Any ThrivePoints redeemed prior to notification shall be at the Member’s risk.
- ThrivingLocally will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may flow from any participation in the ThrivePoints Program by any non-Canadian resident, and where permitted by ThrivingLocally, by any corporation, business, charity, partnership or enterprise.
- From time to time, ThrivingLocally may advertise or offer exclusive offers to select ThrivingLocally Members with respect to which they may redeem ThrivePoints for items other than a discount reward, or receive other benefits or discounts.
- ThrivePoints have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Except as permitted from time to time by ThrivingLocally, ThrivePoints cannot be assigned, exchanged, purchased or given by gift. ThrivePoints cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented or otherwise disposed of. ThrivePoints are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information herein is correct. ThrivingLocally is not responsible for any errors or omissions.
- Any waiver by ThrivingLocally of the strict observance, performance or compliance by a Member with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall be effective only in the specific instance and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of ThrivingLocally as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with the Terms and Conditions. No delay or omission by ThrivingLocally in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
- By redeeming ThrivePoints for rewards, the ThrivingLocally Member releases ThrivingLocally from any and all liability and claims regarding the redemption and use of the reward and any loss or damage caused by goods and services supplied as a reward.
Alterations to the Terms and Conditions
- ThrivingLocally reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time and to make the use of the online platform subject to new or additional contractual terms. Members will be notified of any alterations or additional terms and these will come into effect as soon as they are accepted. Should you not accept the alterations, ThrivingLocally is entitled to terminate the user relationship.
End of document
Effective Date: April 01, 2014.
ThrivingLocally reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.